Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Finally! Christmas Break!!

This past weekend, I (kind of) surprised Tony with a quick weekend trip to Seattle to celebrate the end of his first quarter of school and finishing finals. He worked and studied so hard these past few months. Most nights, he would come home from school very tired around 10 o'clock.

Not only was Tony working hard at school.. but he also had to go through some difficult situations that were unrelated to school.. and they were very stressful. We would sometimes wonder why this was happening. Many nights we would pray together and just give all of our worries to the Lord.. Putting our trust in Him.. That He would cover and protect us in this situation.

This verse really sustained the both of us when we felt vulnerable:

The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
Psalm 18:2

I'm so thankful to say that God is forever faithful and He did truly protect us from harm in this particular situation. If you're ever wondering what this situation was about.. feel free to ask.. I just feel uncomfortable blogging about it =)

I'm very proud to see how Tony handled the situation. I'm just so honored to be his wife.


Taking a picture in front of the Pike Place Market.. Doesn't Tony look so Pacific Northwestern with a Starbucks in his hand? =)


Eating lunch at Paseo in Seattle


taken on 12/20 @ 27 weeks.. (one week away from being 7 months) in our hotel room.
at theo's chocolates.. my favorite is their milk chocolate coconut curry (very good chocolates and they sell them at whole foods if you're interested)

2 comments:

  1. Looking good there Vi!! =]

    I'm glad the situation is over and that you guys got through it together. God is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holler!

    Love the verse, thanks for sharing!

    Love the preggers pic!

    God is always representin'

    ReplyDelete