Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving success!

This year- Thanksgiving was just not the same without my mom (who was visiting her mom in Houston) and Visa (Van and Lisa who are now living in California). = /

In past Thanksgivings - the only dish that I would help and cook up were the mashed potatoes... And without my mom this year.. I was literally petrified and scared to death about preparing a turkey. I even considered getting a back up ham. just in case!

Thankfully, with the help and encouragement of my awesome husband, the turkey turned out WONDERFUL! Thanks to Alton Brown and the Foodnetwork peeps! I couldn't have done this without you. I also want to thank Laurie for her cranberry sauce and my aunt for her eggrolls. Also thank you to my former host student, Nguyen and his friend-Anh who helped tremendously with clean up. And also thank you to Phuong and Vincent for always asking to help and washing the dishes. You guys are the best!

And lastly! Thank you Lord! Thanks for always providing for our families and friends... We can never thank You enough.

Happy Thanksgiving!

brining the turkey- alton brown style......








2 comments: